The CFE consortium submitted its bid for the Eupen schools PPP project in the German speaking community of Belgium on 23 September 2010.
The consortium is composed of Compagnie d’Entreprises CFE, SKE Group and Dutch Infrastructure Fund.
The project involves the design, construction, financing and maintenance of eight schools. The procuring authorities are the Ministry for the German-Speaking Community and the City of Eupen.
The project has a 25-year concession period with a three year construction period and includes the following schools:
• Robert-Schumann Institute Eupen
• Centre for Further Education of the middle class of Eupen, including the Employment Centre of the German-speaking Community
• Autonomous College of the German-speaking Community of Belgium
• Zentrum für Förderpädagogik Eupen
• Urban Primary School of the lower part Eupen and the French speaking Primary School Eupen
• Regional Centre for pre and post school supervision
Operis has worked with CFE on a number of projects in different capacities either as financial model auditor, financial advisor or as a financial model builder. For this project Operis constructed the financial model used by the CFE consortium.