UK Women in Finance Charter
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Operis is proud to be a signatory of the Women in Finance Charter. Created by the HM Treasury the Charter is a pledge to work together to build a more balanced and fair financial industry in the UK.
Our commitment to the Charter involves us pledging the following:
- Over the next five years (by 2026) we are setting ourselves the target of maintaining a 50% female senior leadership team.
- To support this, we need to focus on our talent pipeline. At Operis we actively support the career development of our employees, and our succession planning comes from nurturing and promoting our internal talent. We recognise
- that below senior management level, women are currently under-represented in our Analytical and Advisory teams and that is why we are setting ourselves ambitious targets to increase the number of women in these areas. By 2026 we aim to have a 30% female Analytical team and a 20% female Advisory team.
- We also want to maintain at least 40% female representation in our Group Board by 2026.
- We will share our progress against these targets annually and publish them on our website and in our annual report.
Veselina Aldred, Chief Operating Officer, is the accountable executive to the HM Treasury but all members of our senior leadership team are accountable for, and committed to, improving our gender balance.
The table below shows data on our gender split across the company since 2021:
A company restructure has affected the Senior Leadership team and Group Board but the latest figures for the Analytical Team show the impact our targeted recruitment has had in developing our pipeline of female talent within the organisation.
We can see from our current position that there’s still lots of work to be done – particularly around providing meaningful learning and development opportunities to all employees – but our focus and commitment is starting to yield results with the increase in representation and inclusion on the UK’s Best WorkplacesTM for Women list.
*Information correct as at September 2022