Following a restructuring period in which Operis has successfully grown its analytical team to the highest level in its 33 year history, and significantly reduced its overhead costs, Operis has now made some Board appointments to lead the company through these interesting and turbulent times.
- David Colver, the company’s founder, has returned to the role of CEO, in which he had been acting since the departure of Henrietta Royle. He will at the same time retain the role of CTO, providing the technology leadership for the continued growth of Operis’ software development business. David was the original architect of the award-winning Operis Analysis Kit (OAK), which has over the last 20 years become the de facto leading software tool for project finance modellers.
- David Hensley, a non-executive Director, has taken over the role of Non-Executive Chairman. David brings extensive expertise and experience to the board. A former senior manager at McKinsey, and Senior Partner in Oliver Wyman, he has advised the boards of many leading financial institutions around the world. He also held senior line management roles in media, with Carlton Communications (now ITV), and with Credit Suisse, where he was Executive Director of their IT subsidiary, CityMax.
- Claire Farnfield, formerly the Head of Finance joins the board as CFO, taking over from Corinna Pinfold. Claire has 19 years experience with Operis, so knows the business very well, and has recently been responsible for the updating of Operis’ financial management information. Corinna will remain on the board as a non-executive Director.
- Veselina Aldred, the COO, who has 18 years experience with Operis, also now joins the Board.
David Colver, Founder and CEO of Operis Group Ltd. said: “I am very pleased that we have managed our restructuring in such a way as to make Operis more agile with a higher number of analysts to serve clients, and now have settled the Board with some of the most experienced people to guide the business.”
David Hensley, Chairman of Operis Group Ltd. added: “It is an honour to take on the position of Chairman of Operis. I see my role as to provide support and counsel to the CEO and other executives, to lead the Board, and to maintain and build effective communications and relationships with the shareholders and other stakeholders. Operis is a remarkable organisation, having won the Financial Modelling World Cup team rankings in 2021 and 2022, beating all the big 4 accounting firms.”
About Operis Group
Operis is a leading advisor in project finance, renowned for its expertise in financial modelling. Since its start in 1990, Operis has built on this distinctive strength and supported more than 1,250 projects worldwide.
Operis is an independent firm with a collaborative approach. It focuses on achieving the best results for its clients by providing tailored services. These include:
- Financial Advisory services for major projects, including Tax & Accounting
- Model Development for Project Finance
- Model Audit
- Modelling Training
- Financial Modelling Software – OAK
Operis works globally across all infrastructure and energy sectors, including digital infrastructure and renewables, supporting new projects and refinancings.
The Operis Board comprises of:
- David Hensley, Non-Executive Chairman
- David Colver, CEO and CTO
- Claire Farnfield, CFO
- Veselina Aldred, COO
- Corinna Pinfold, Non-Executive Director
- Robin Landon, Non-Executive Director.
David Colver, CEO
+44 20 7562 0448
Mobile 07721 611761