The PPP schools project in Eupen, the German speaking community of Belgium, reached financial close today in the City of Eupen. The consortium consists of CFE, DIF and SKE.
The project involves the design, construction, financing and maintenance of eight schools. The procuring authorities are the Ministry for the German-Speaking Community and the City of Eupen.
The project comprises a three year construction period followed by a 25-year concession, and covers the following schools:
- Robert-Schumann Institute Eupen
- Centre for Further Education of the middle class of Eupen, including the Employment Centre of the German-speaking Community
- Autonomous College of the German-speaking Community of Belgium
- Zentrum für Förderpädagogik Eupen
- Urban Primary School of the lower part Eupen and the French speaking Primary School Eupen
- Regional Centre for pre and post school supervision
The lending banks are Fortis Bank, BNP Paribas, KBC, ING and Dexia.
Operis offered it’s ‘Financial Modelling Plus’ service, which involved comprehensive bid support, financial modelling and assistance at financial close.